

For the first 2 1/2 repeats of the pattern, I was worried that the light green and blue would pool on one side of the scarf, and that the dark green and browns would be on the other side. It turned out, though, that the greens drift across the scarf nicely. I also like this pattern because of its bias pull, which makes the center line a bit sinuous when it's blocked out. You can almost see my provisional cast on -- I have not yet decided on how to begin and end the scarf. I'm thinking that since the part that is already knit looks so much like seaweed (which was unintentional. Lucky me.), it would be nice to put something wavy at the bottom of the scarf. I tried a few things (one of which had yarn overs on the purl side and the instruction "p3tog-through back loop", which I deemed nearly impossible, or at least something I didn't want to do. I'll figure out the beginning and end when I get there.
The seawool, by the way, is just about perfect for this scarf. It's light and drapey (and I haven't blocked it yet). The colors move nicely, and it's incredibly soft. I did another 2 pattern repeats last night. I expect it will take about 30 to get the length I want. Maybe 25.
4 comments:
Gorgeous as always!
Steph, it's beautiful! The combo of the colors and the pattern... it looks like the Lindisfarne Gospel, but muted.
Yay for Dayflower Lace :) Scarf is looking pretty. I have a skein of Handmaiden's Seasilk in the Berry colorway that I'm trying to figure out what to do with...
Beautiful as always! Knit on!
Post a Comment