Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy Today

1. It's Spring, officially, as evidenced by the photos below:





2. These three, who make coming home so wonderful.



3. Dogs driving SUVs. Because it's hilarious.



4. My new skirt, materials for which cost under $10 (and the fabric is from Pendleton). It's a little brighter than anything else that I'd wear, but I've been assured that it's still professional enough for work. Besides, I saw a student yesterday whose skirt was so short that it could have been one of those leeeetle gym towels wrapped around her waist. She was also wearing heels. It was also about 55 degrees out, and rainy. And my skirt is much longer than hers was, and I'm guessing she thought her look was "professional". And it was, only for a very different profession than mine.



5. One of my students brought pie for snack today. Mmmm. Pie.

6. I slept in until 7:38.

7. It's my birthday. I'm 32. The second and last time I'll be an integer to the fifth power, because I don't want to live to be 243.

8. Even though I could have calculated that in my head, I felt free to use a calculator. It's my birthday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, my serenade on your voice amil this morning didn't make the cut? I'm so hurt... ;-)

Happy Birthday, lil' sis.

-L

nonlineargirl said...

It is WHAT? How am I so slow?

Happy Birthday! The skirt looks great. I think that bright blue is perfect for a skirt, especially today, when you match the sky. (Near the face, blue can be weird, but on the legs? Great!)

And now, for the question: I have the hem left to do - do I go the easy way and just hem it, or do I get some backing stuff to iron into the hem so there is no stitch showing at the bottom? (sew backing stuff to inside of hem, iron to main part of skirt)

Stacy said...

The happiest of birthdays to you! And I love the color of your new skirt, find some nice turquoise jewelry (the stone) to go with it.

Connie said...

Happy Birthday, Stephanie! Gosh, we're really old now aren't we? I still remember taking AP History with you in Mr. Fasman's class - seems like a lifetime ago though. Do you ever go back to San Carlos/Belmont? My parents (and brother) still live there so I make it back there at least once a year.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I love the skirt!